Saturday, November 8, 2014

LIFE update!

I am really enjoying life down here in Galveston, school is going pretty well and the social aspect of college is great! I love my new "home" and all the new people I have been so lucky to meet! This weekend on of our sweet-mates went to visit some family friends so it has just been me and Laura! We got quite a bit of work done alongside another good friend today, and most importantly I got a curtain! I have been waking up at nearly 7:00am every morning because I cant sleep when there is natural light in the room, and these lanky dorm blinds don't cover anything! (ignore the mess)


 I really loved it because I actually found one that fits my room color! 
I have been studying quite hard for a bio exam that I have coming up, I really hope the fact that I started four days in advance on studying rather than one will greatly improve my next grade! I have also been working on my schedule for next semester! I am really really happy with that I have to work with, no classes until 11am each day, and I have nearly all classes with someone I know! Thank God! I am also really excited that all my hours transferred from high school! I no longer have to take a bunch of classes, therefore saving me money! So for next year it looks like i'm taking, Biology, Chem, History, Math, Bio lab, Chem Lab, and an online English course. It will be 17 hours rather than the 14 I took this semester but I think and am praying that I can handle it! 
This weekend has really been a do not much of anything weekend, I've gotten a little bit of homework done, a little bit of Netflix watched, two movies in, and am going to go to church and maybe the humane society tomorrow! I really want to cuddle some kitties over there sometime soon!
 So here's some random pictures from my first two and a half  months of college!

Just some of the beautiful scenery here where I call home!
Our wonderful trip to Austin where Laura lives!

 
 Some of the many doggy updates from my padre! (isn't she model status?)

This is what happens when I get in a small hammock with three other people!

 And our lovely beach day together! #5348

I have really been enjoying my time down here like I said, and its only just begun! So many more memories to be made! Although, not all of it is fun and games, I have some hard stuff coming up! Registering for classes, taking finals, dealing with exams! But all of it will be worth it in the end! I'm so ready for Thanksgiving break, even though we only get Thursday and Friday off, I'm still really ready to go home and see my family and friends! I am truly homesick right now and would really love to head home at any second! BUT not to long before I can go home and get my fill, then come back down here and tough it out until winter break! Until then I will continue to have an amazing time down here near the ocean, I can truly say the title of my blog is truly true! I really am beach side! And i'm loving it!
But I couldn't do it without the man upstairs. Since coming down here I have taken a step back to my faith, I wouldn't say that I am any where near where I want to be, but I am at least getting there. I have realized that I have truly stepped away as a Christian and would in all ways would like to get back to being a true believer and follower in Christ. I have some barriers put up that's keeping me form a lot of things in my life, and I'm not completely sure if I am capable of breaking them down, but I sure am realizing that they are indeed there! And without the help of God I would not be where I am today, and for that I am truly thankful and blessed!

Here is the song of the day! I have known this song for quite a while, and recently heard it and have fallen in love with it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment